Quote of the Day

Monday, November 05, 2007

Unexplained Dreams

Strange things happen to me when I sleep. Vivid pictures of totally unrelated incidents pass my mind as I sleep. I can remember them just as I get up but they slowly fade away from my memory as I move along the madness of the passing day. Its been the case with me for many years. when I sleep the body rests but the mind remains still wandering searching for answers to the questions that trouble me in the day. The result of this is disturbed sleep and I do not feel fresh as I wake up next morning. But quite interestingly I have found solution to many problems. Like for example the blog description.. "Faster than Ray of Light". I got this name when I got up from a sleep after I went to bed thinking what to name my blog the previous night. The reason it "light" was deliberate I think as my mind keeps thinking about something that it relates to light and happiness knowingly or unknowingly. I know why my mind thinks of light and happiness but it is irrelevant here. I believe in the power of the mind and I want to know what these strange dreams want to tell me. I have decided to write down these dreams and see if I can relate it to something.

THE DREAM - 5th Nov 2007

BEGIN

I was leaning against a red sedan and watching a kid near a school gate. The kid was about 7 yrs old and was wearing a white and white school uniform, with a big shoulder bag behind him and a water bottle on his side. He was cute and had glasses with black frame. He was active and was a big hit among the other parents who came to pick up their children. He didnt have any worries in his mind and I wished I was as happy as he was. So I went up to him and started talking. He casually answered me as he was playing with his other friends. I asked him where's his house and I would leave him in his house. He said its only 5 min walk and he can walk on his own. I told him that I will come along and he didnt refuse. So we started to talk and walk. On the way he was kicking the stones. I saw an innocence in him that I had rarely seen before. As we walked I felt I was walking down a familiar street. The houses, play ground and road was known to me before though I dont remember when I'd been here. He pointed to a banglow that was painted white and maroon and said that was his house. I asked the kid who is his father and he told me his name. And I quickly asked him who is his mother and he told me the name.. I knew it had to be this!!

END

I shuddered as I got up. I took the mobile that was besides the bed. The time was 12:37 AM. Three missed calls and one SMS. I vaguely ran through the list of callers and the message. The name pf the kid's mother was still on my head as it was a very different name and I thought I had come across this name when I was in school but just couldnt remember who it was. I wanted to store it so quickly typed it in my message box and then slept. As today at work there was an important client audit we were quite busy right from the time I stepped in. Without knowing I had typed something in my message box I replied to a friends sms that came along asking "What time Lunch?". It was only in the afternoon I realised I had stored this name in it. Now it was gone as it was replaced with my reply to my friend. The name starts with "A" and some thing like Arth... and ends in "i"... no not Arthi! I just couldnt figure it after thinking the whole day but nevertheless I thought I will write it down and see if it will relate to any of my other dreams. In the meanwhile you guys can think of a name with this combination let me know..