Quote of the Day

Sunday, July 29, 2007

27th July 07 - MCDBA... 2 Yrs dream now a reality

This was one of the things I wanted to achieve professionally when I joined Sify. It has taken me two years to finish it. The exam was zapper. Aced thro 45 questions in about 90 min where in the total time for the exam was 240min. As I finished each question I knew the effort and money was not going to go waste. I knew I was inching towards the reality which had been so far only been a dream. As clicked End Exam the screen went blank.. it was completely white. Wild thoughts started to cross my mind.. has the system hung??!! That was the last thing I would have wanted here. I couldnt sustain the anxiety. I stormed out to call the lady incharge for the exams. She said this was normal and came to have a look... She was right. When I saw the screen now the image had changed. Only two words caught my sight.
Successfully......................... 928.
I didnt have to bother about the rest of words. I'm now an MCDBA!
Since then I've been having fun.. had an office dinner party and bowling session on Friday night.. (just after my exam) On Saturday couple of friends had come down from Singapore so spent the whole weekend with them.. was totally tied up as I was trying to show them around KL almost everything thats possible to be covered in 1 and a half days. Just had time to breath!!

There are reason for choosing this date for the exam. It was on this day three years back that I made my first constructive step towards making a career in IT. Cant forget that date as it also happens to be my only bro's birthday! I registered for the exam with Informatics. It was what that taught me to operate a mouse back in 1997. A group of guys were invited from our school to experiment with the new multimedia PCs that they then had.

Though Microsoft support for SQL Server 2000 might end in April next year I wanted to get this done. To me its a personal achievement. This was the first thing that was asked of me by my manager when I started working in databases as a novice. Now its time to market this certificate in greener pastures!