Quote of the Day

Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm back... Unsuccessfully

The mission was unaccomplished. I have decided to give up (for a while) owing to various social factors. When I decided going into seclusion I never thought of the repocations it would have. First of all it was a complete self destruction physically. Most of the time I spent the whole day without food or with just one meal a day. Try in vain to sleep until 4am and then somehow dose off only to wake up late in the morning. And because of this I continuously came up with a new lie everyday at work with teammates for going late. Room was dirty overall and sometimes I slept on the floor amidst the dirt and filth. Light had fused and I didn't bother to replace it. Wore unwashed and unpressed clothes. I know I looked sick with unshaven or untrimmed beard for over 3 weeks!! Mom and dad starting worrying as I stopped calling them. Same as the case with friends. I started to realize that it was just not me who's affected but also many others around me. So finally I decided to get into what others call it a 'normal life'.


Some of the things that crossed my thoughts were

Expectations: Man's greatest weapon and weakness. "Blessed is the man who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed". Maybe that's true. But this is what I believe when the expectation is high the target to achieve is also high which yields higher reward. With all the failures and disappointment along the way I still like to dream.. and that too big. Vision without action becomes illusion. This is what I have understood.

Women: Symbol of pleasure. Pleasure seems a strong word and to cut your imagination short let me tell you what I tried to mean: 'Amusement'; 'Diversion; 'The gratification of the mind'; 'Something good and delightful that brings happiness'. All this can also be the biggest source of diversion from the usual work you are required to perform day in and day out. There can be no women in your life who can been a source of unrelenting love and affection except for your mom for she is the symbol of sacrifice.

If success has a percentage equal to 100 then 80 - 85% of it is your effort. The remaining 15 - 20% depends on external influences. Some like to call it GOD... some call it FATE/DESTINY... and some call it LUCK. Whatever name you give it you cannot change that part of it as in most cases you will have no or very little control over them. All that can be done is to improvise on 85%.. simply maximize your effort towards succeeding you goal. As long as you have faith in our own cause and an unshakable will to win, victory will not be denied.

In life we get burdens only strong enough to handle. When they fall on you its test for you to understand that this is a symbol that life knows you have the strength to endure them. Its a test of limits.

Maybe the first attempt was a partial failure. Nevertheless, I consider this as an eye opener. I think I'm just waking up to the truth.. the truth of where I am in this rat race for love, fame and money.