Quote of the Day

Sunday, October 28, 2007

On the run..!!

Today morning marked the third day of my jogging on the streets on Kuala Lumpur. The reason to do it was the clear visibility of the extra fat around waistline and abdomen. There has been no physical activity for a long time and the sedentary working habits has only added up to the sloppy belly. Before things can go worse I've decided to take steps. Hopefully this time it wouldn't be like the other times where I gave up as fast as I started.

The longest distance I was able to make it in these 3 days was 4km which I covered both walking and running on Friday. I start at about 6:20 in the morning and I run for about 30 min just when the twilight illuminates the city. Of course there would be some strange stares I'd get but I'm quite used to these things now. The only place in KL you can encounter stray dogs is Brickfields the place I stay. This is the only thing I'm scared of while starting my run in the morning. Legs have become lazy nowadays that it can't move as it used to before. So I start to walk initially and then slowly run. It is at this time I think of the activities that I wish to complete for the day. Finally at the end of the run I'd do a bit of stretching and abdomen exercise. Then have a cold shower. Trust me it feels great through out the day after this. I get this extra freshness and activeness that I don't remember having before.

When in college I always liked to run in the morning at the Anna Nagar Tower Park, Chennai. One thing thats still on mind is meeting a person who comes walking there. He was 89 then and a regular morning walker. I was amazed by his fitness at that age. There were many other people like him and who have been an inspiration to me. Jogging is one of my first attempts to revive old passions. I'm running... away from the confusion thats going on in my head.. the darkness thats looming over me... I'm running to find the person I once was...